2017 gretl Conference, June 2-3 2017, Athens, Greece
The bi-annual (5th) Gretl Conference is an inspiring opportunity to take stock of the current state of the gretl econometrics software project, including its embedded programming language hansl.
Contributions should demonstrate what is already possible in advanced real-world applications, how gretl compares to other software, or how a possibly missing functionality is implemented in other software. They could also present innovative methods for teaching statistics with gretl, or discuss desirable directions for the development of the project.
The programme will consist of contributed presentations, as well as keynotes by invited speakers and Gretl developers. At the close of the conference there will be a “coding sprint” where interested participants can teach each other new tricks in hansl and start implementing some of the new ideas produced at the meeting.
All researchers interested in econometrics or computational statistics are encouraged to submit abstracts for possible presentations. Proposals for any relevant topic will be considered, including (but not limited to) talks related to new functionality in gretl since the previous conference:
• MIDAS (mixed-frequency) regression
• new and better Kalman filter interface for state-space models
• DPB (dynamic panel binary) package
• BFGScmax constrained maximization routines
• multivariate GARCH models
• StrucBreak package for structural break analysis
• more specialized microeconometrics like faster random-effects panel probit routines, packages for McFadden’s choice model, packages to compute marginal effects for many models
The 5th Conference is organized by the University of Patras, and will be held at the Technopolis City of Athens in June 2-3 2017.
Call for Papers
Download the Call for Papers where you may found all the information you need.
- Philipp Sibbertsen (Leibniz Universität Hannover)
- Allin Cottrell (Wake Forest University)
- Riccardo "Jack" Lucchetti (Università Politecnica delle Marche)
Technopolis is located in the center of Athens, walking distance away from many major tourist sites of the city of Athens (Technopolis on Google maps).
How to reach the Technopolis City of Athens can be found here.
The address is:
Technopolis City of Athens
Building Aeriofilakio 2
100, Pireos str. Gazi
- Conference Dates: June 2-3, 2017
- Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: Within one week after submission
- Early Registration Close Date: May 1st, 2017
All participants first need to register so we can determine whether we still have available space. "Register" means basically to tell the local organizers (Ioannis) they want to come, in an informal way (email: GC2017@gretlconference.org).
There will be a fee of 100€ for attending the conference, including meals (lunches, one conference dinner, refreshments), and conference stationery.
For doctoral students, the conference fee is 60€.
Payment details will be communicated to registered participants.
Accommodation details will be communicated to all registered participants.
The Conference programme is available here.
Local Organizing Committee
- Ioannis Venetis (University of Patras)
- Manolis Tzagarakis (University of Patras)
- Evi Salamaliki (University of Patras)
Scientific Organizing Committee
- Sven Schreiber (Macro Policy Institute IMK, and Free University Berlin, Germany)
- Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza (University of the Basque Country, Spain)
- Matteo Picchio (Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy)
- George Tsiotas (University of Crete, Greece)
Should you have any question or comment, you may contact the organizers in one of the following ways:
- Email: GC2017@gretlconference.org , ivenetis (at) upatras (dot) gr
- Phone: 0030 2610969964 (Ioannis)
The 5th gretl conference is also sponsored by:
Department of Economics, MSc Applied Economics & Data Analysis (University of Patras)
The Special Account for Research Funds (ELKE) of the University of Patras