4th gretl Conference
June 12-13, 2015
Hans Boeckler Foundation and
Free University of Berlin
This conference will be a meeting of users of the gretl econometric package. The conference will focus on
- Implementation of econometric techniques in gretl,
- Methodological papers with a strong computational emphasis,
- Applications using gretl,
- Teaching econometrics and statistics using free software,
- Developing gretl
Keynote speakers will include:
- Helmut Lütkepohl (DIW and Freie Universität Berlin),
- Allin Cottrell (Wake Forest University)
- Riccardo "Jack" Lucchetti (Università Politecnica delle Marche)
Venue: Schmiede Building (EUREF-Campus, Torgauer Str. 12-15, 10829 Berlin). How to reach EUREF-Campus
Guidelines for submitting a contribution
- Type of presentation: in principle, all presentations (except invited talks) will be regular talks of 20 minutes + 5 minutes for comments (The organizing Committee may change this if needed)
- Extended abstracts and draft papers may be apropriate for submission.
- The recommended file format is pdf with all the fonts embedded.
- Send the abstract to the address GC2015@gretlconference.org
- Conference Dates: June 12-13, 2015
- Submission Deadline: March 22, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: March 27, 2015
- Early Registration Close Date: May 1st, 2015
All participants first need to register so we can determine whether we still have available space. "Register" means basically to tell the local organizer (Sven) they want to come, in an informal way (email: GC2015@gretlconference.org).
There will be a fee of 100 € for attending the conference, including meals and refreshments. Payment details will be communicated to registered participants.
Doctoral students who are accepted speakers will be exempted from paying the fee (with proof of status). Non-presenting doctoral students must either pay the fee or may only attend on short notice if there are still seats available, as space is limited.
Participants are responsible for arranging their accommodation, but there are pre-booked single and double rooms available at reasonable negotiated rates at the following hotels which are next to each other: Ibis Budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, Suite Novotel Berlin City Potsdamer Platz. Details will be communicated to registered participants, but the rooms are available from the day before until the day after the conference (June 11th through 14th).
These hotels are next to S-Bahn stop "Anhalter Bahnhof", and to get to the conference venue take the S-Bahn S1 to Schöneberg (three stops).
Registrating participants are invited to communicate their preference for vegetarian food. If you have special dietary requirements, please also tell us and we will see what we can do.
It will start Friday morning and end Saturday late afternoon. You may download the detailed programme from here.
The local organizing Committe:
- Sven Schreiber (Macroeconomic Policy Institute (IMK) at Hans Boeckler Foundation, and Free University Berlin).
The Scientific Committee:
- Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza (University of the Basque Country, UPV/EHU, Bilbao, Spain)
- Marcin Błażejowski (Faculty of Finance and Management, Toruń School of Banking, Toruń, Poland)
- Lee Adkins (Oklahoma State University, USA)